Chicken Skillet(adapted from Betty Crocker recipe)
Yields 4 servings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 diced red peppers
- 1/2 chopped red onions
- 1 can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 Old El Paso® flour tortilla for burritos (8 inch) (from 11.5-ounce package), cut into 2x1-inch strips
- 4 oz. low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
- Stir in vegetables, beans and salsa; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with tortilla strips and cheese. Cover and cook about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted