Three Cheese Ziti Bake(or, Three Cheese Pasta Bake)
- 3 c. cooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 c. fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1.5 jars three cheese marinara sauce
- 2 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile cook ground turkey in a large nonstick skillet, until meat is cooked through, (no longer pink). Stir in cream cheese, crushed tomatoes, spinach, and spices and turn off heat. When pasta is done, pour into a colander to drain. Add pasta to sauce mixture.
- Pour everything into prepared casserole dish, and sprinkle mozzarella over the pasta. Cover casserole dish with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil, and bake an additional 5-7 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted.