Curry Quinoa Salad with Chicken
Yields 3-4 servings
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 c. uncooked quinoa
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 diced peeled ripe mango
- I can't cut a mango to save my life so I used 2 of the little cups of fruit and just drained out all of the liquid first
- 1 lb. chicken
- I used Tyson's frozen grilled chicken strips and put them in the crockpot for 4 hours with a little bit of curry powder. About half the bag was the perfect amount
- 2-4 c. baby spinach (or whatever lettuce you want to use)
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry powder and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add quinoa and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 16 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in salt. Cool completely. While doing this, pull chicken out of the oven or crockpot and let it cool as well.
- Add mango and chicken to cooled quinoa; toss gently.
- Combine cucumber, mint, and yogurt in a small bowl; stir well. Divide spinach evenly among plates, and top each serving with about 3/4 cup quinoa mixture. I added a little bit of feta cheese and paired with a light raspberry vinaigrette.