Yields 4 servings
- 100% natural apple juice
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Marinate the pork tenderloin in about 3 cups of apple juice. I put mine in a small casserole dish and left it in the fridge all day while I was at work.
- Set the oven to 350.
- While your oven is preheating, throw the pork into a skillet with a bit of olive oil and brown the outside. This will make it nice and crispy after it bakes.
- Once the outside is white, take the pork off of the skillet and place onto your baking dish.
- Make slits in the pork tenderloin that go about 3/4 of the way through. I made my slits about 1 inch apart.
- Place the apple slices in the slits. I put one apple slice per slit.
- Before placing in the oven, drizzle with honey and sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes-1 hour. You don't want the pork to be tough and overdone, but make sure it's cooked through.
- Serve with a green veggie and some sort of bread with honey and butter.
I made mine in the oven, but you could definitely do this in the crockpot.
I served this with zucchini squash and sweet potato rolls. It was the perfect pairing, and it was a very healthy and well balanced meal.
Recipe adapted from this blog.