Today is just one of those day. You know what I'm talking about. Those days when you don't want to get out of bed, and your body just aches when you move.
This morning I turned off my alarm in my sleep. Jason woke me up at 8:00 and I had to scramble around to get ready and still ended up getting to work late.
Today is one of those days that I wish I could just have a do-over and start again.
But life doesn't work that way, so we just gotta roll with the punches.
Even though it's one of "those" days, I still have a recipe for you. I made this for dinner on Monday night and it was one of the best meals I've made in a while. So here's the recipe:
Honey Apple Porkloin
Yields 4 servings
- 100% natural apple juice
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Marinate the pork tenderloin in about 3 cups of apple juice. I put mine in a small casserole dish and left it in the fridge all day while I was at work.
- Set the oven to 350.
your oven is preheating, throw the pork into a skillet with a bit of
olive oil and brown the outside. This will make it nice and crispy after
- Once the outside is white, take the pork off of the skillet and place onto your baking dish.
- Make slits in the pork tenderloin that go about 3/4 of the way through. I made my slits about 1 inch apart.
- Place the apple slices in the slits. I put one apple slice per slit.
- Before placing in the oven, drizzle with honey and sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes-1 hour. You don't want the pork to be tough and overdone, but make sure it's cooked through.
- Serve with a green veggie and some sort of bread with honey and butter.
I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day. I think it's supposed to rain today, which would be wonderful for my yard. I really feel like an adult saying that, because I used to think my parents and grandparents were weird when they said stuff like that. Now I'm in the club. But I'm 110% sure that my body is anticipating the rain and is in naptime mode. Oh well.
Have a great day y'all! And seriously, make this recipe. It's delish!